This course supports the understanding of the key areas of how to support individuals to manage their medication.
You will be able to understand the difference between prompting medication and actually administering medication.
You will gain knowledge about legislation and the Local Authority procedures for the relevant responsibilities for those working in health and social care services.
In this course we look at all the elements listed in the contents and will gain understanding of who is responsible for each.
• Legislation / Medication Rules
• CQC / Regulations
• Roles, responsibilities and boundaries
• Types of medicine and routes
• Safe Practice / Storage
• Medication Administration Record (MAR)
• Refusal /Covert Administration
• Administration Errors
• Adverse Reactions
• Medication Spillage/Disposal
This course is delivered over 3 hours at our facilities in Letchworth Garden City.
Group bookings and discounts can be available at your location; please contact us for more information.