This course introduces the key areas in report writing and record keeping and understanding the difference between fact, assessment and opinion.
You will learn how to record behaviour and relate this to legislation.
You will also begin to understand the relationship between record keeping and confidentiality including sharing information about individuals.
• Individual Needs
• Barriers to Communication
• Techniques to Communicate
• Data Protection Act / Confirming Identity
• Key areas in Record Keeping and Report Writing
• The difference between fact, assessment and opinion
• Importance of Record Keeping in written form
• Different types of records used
• Legal obligations and main points of data protection
• To describe behaviour accurately and to avoid use of misleading jargon
• To understand the relationship between Record Keeping and Confidentiality
• Rules regarding access to notes, records and Confidentiality
This course is delivered over 3 hours at our facilities in Letchworth Garden City.
Group bookings and discounts can be available at your location; please contact us for more information.